I am a quitter and I’m better for it. I know that you are told if you quit you are weak, giving up is a sign of losing. I disagree!
Each year millions of people make New Year Resolutions. I usually don’t. Not because change is bad but because I feel change doesn’t happen with a resolution. The failure rate is too high. Change happens when you quit. So, I quit!
The things I quit that have made me better…
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7)
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (2Timothy 1:7 NKJV).
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will” (Romans 12:2)
- Lack of Trust
- “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- Remembering Wrongs
- “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36).
The freedom that comes with quitting is amazing. Try it you might like it. We are free indeed!
What have you quit this year that has made a positive change in your life, strengthened your faith and given you hope?